Here are five reasons why we blog:
1. It encourages reading, drafting, editing, planning, writing and collaboration.
2. Publishing commentary and entries can lead to peer learning, peer assessment and a sense of ownership, all of which are highly motivational.
3. The technology involved is easy to use.
4. They easily support video, audio and other media and file types therefore creating a very dynamic learning experience and differentiating for various learning styles.
5. Learning is extended to outside the school environment.