Skip to content ↓


Early identification of a special educational need (SEN) is essential. Grange Park has an SEND policy which outlines how we identify, assess and support children with SEND.

All children learn at different rates and in different ways.

If you are concerned about your child’s progress at school, you should talk, in the first instance, to their Nursery/class teacher or Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo). The SENCo is responsible for co-ordinating learning for pupils with SEND, supporting and advising class teachers, liaising with parents and working with the range of professionals who support pupils with SEND.

The SENCo or class teacher can discuss your worries and outline what is being done to help your child learn and progress. This may involve adapting resources or teaching methods, or providing additional support, usually referred to as a differentiated curriculum. Your child's progress will be reviewed regularly and discussed with you. If their needs continue to cause concern, the school will ask for help from other professionals who could advise on ways to support your child.